Understanding Earnings for Universal Credit
27th July 2021
by Ray Savage in
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 30th September 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Who is this course for?
This 2 hour course, delivered via Zoom, is for any staff or volunteers who wish to know how earnings affect Universal Credit in order to support their clients and service users.
It will give you a detailed understanding of what are earnings for Universal Credit purposes and the impact earnings can have on the claimant’s benefit award and claimant commitment.
This course will increase your understanding of:
- How to identify what are earnings and what are not, for Universal Credit
- How Universal Credit calculates employed and self-employed earnings
- The Minimum Income Floor and how it is applied to a Universal Credit claim
- How earnings will be treated in the Universal Credit calculation: including the work allowance, tapering and issues relating to irregular pay periods
- How earnings can protect Universal Credit claimants from the Benefit Cap
- How to recognise the relevance of earnings to the claimant commitment and work-related requirements of Universal Credit
A complete set of slides will be provided at the end of the course.