Social Security changes in response to COVID-19
11th January 2021
by Ray Savage in
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 9th March 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Who is this course for?
This 90 minute e-learning course is for staff and volunteers who have a good understanding of the benefits system, and who want an update on all the changes that have been introduced since March 2020.
This course will update staff and advisers on legislative and guidance changes, and how these changes may affect clients who are supported by delegates and their organisation.
By the end of this course delegates will have a greater understanding of:
- Changes to Statutory Sick Pay rules
- Relaxation of rules on claimant commitment and sanctions
- Increase in some payments
- Suspension of work capability and disability assessments
- How COVID-19 support for the employed and self-employed affects benefits
- Brief look at how redundancy may affect benefit entitlement
A complete set of slides will be provided at the end of the course.