Social Care, Charging and Welfare Benefits (A4A)
1st March 2023
by Ray Savage in
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 20th June 2023
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Who is this course for?
This course is for staff and volunteers who want to improve their knowledge of social care funding and how it interacts with welfare benefits.
By the end of the course delegates will have gained knowledge of both domiciliary and residential care charging policies, and how social care can impact on a person’s benefit claims.
The session will cover the following topics:
- Background to how different social care funding arrangements have arisen
- Residential charging outline
- Benefits for people in residential care
- Continuing health care funding
- Benefits for people with continuing health care funding
- Domiciliary social care charging
- Supported housing funding
A complete set of slides will be provided at the end of the course.
We have received support from the Community Fund to run this course.