This practical ½ day course is for advisers new to representing at First Tier social security tribunals. The course will cover “what to expect” and how to represent effectively. This course complements the Challenging Decisions course which trains advisers on how to prepare a legal challenge.
Fee applicable – please see our training fees
The aim of the course is for delegates to gain a better understanding of the appeals process; to identify when its use is appropriate; to prepare the client and their case and to be familiar with the practicalities of attending a Tribunal.
By the end of the course delegates will have a better understanding of how the Tribunal system works and will
• Be able to identify which decisions can be appealed
• Understand and react to time limits for appeals
• Be able to identify what evidence is required to support their client’s case
• Be able to prepare their client for the Appeal
• Know what to expect on the day
This is not a course for advisers already experienced in representing at Appeal.