Private Rented Sector: Assured Shorthold Tenancies
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 28th March 2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Who is the course for
This course is for generalist advisers and advice session supervisors.
You will have attended the Housing Foundation course (HFC), or gained the learning objective for HFC in some other way.
The aim of this course is to develop participants’ understanding of private rented sector assured shorthold tenancies and key factors to be aware of.
By the end of the day you will be able to:
- Advise on the key points that a prospective tenant should be aware of before they take on a tenancy in the private rented sector
- Recognise basic immigration check requirements for private landlords under Right to Rent
- Identify whether an occupier has an assured shorthold tenancy
- Explain the possession process in relation to assured shorthold tenancies
- Identify the assured shorthold s21 notice requirements and points to check to identify whether a notice is valid
- Recognise the importance of tenancy deposit protection and the relevant key dates
- Understand when retaliatory eviction is prohibited
- Identify the various provisions for the regulation of private rented sector tenancies
Venue Phone: 01483 740897 Address:
Jubilee Square, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6YG, United Kingdom
This venue is in the town centre adjacent to the town square.