Personal Independence Payment – The Mobility Activities
15th June 2022
by Ray Savage in
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 13th September 2022
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Who is this course for?
This course looks in detail at the criteria for entitlement to the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP). It is for advisers who have experience with PIP to understand in detail how to help clients achieve the appropriate level of the award of this component.
It will provide advisers with a comprehensive understanding of the mobility activities, how the entitlement requirements are met and issues that may arise when helping clients understand entitlement. This course does not discuss PIP daily living descriptors. SWRU have developed a separate course with a focus on the daily living activities in the context of the PIP2 form.
At the end of this course delegates should understand:
- Which of the two mobility activities is relevant to a particular condition
- How to identify which descriptors are relevant
- How the ‘reliability’ overlay is relevant to the mobility descriptors
- How to address the variability of a condition in relation to mobility descriptors
- Turning pension age and Disability Living Allowance to PIP transfers
- Issues to consider during the claiming and appeals process
- What advisers can do to improve the chances of a successful outcome for clients who have been identified as meeting the criteria for the Mobility Component
A complete set of slides will be provided at the end of the course.