- Welfare Rights Newsletter
28 Jan 2022
This course is for generalist advisers who have a good understanding of housing status and homelessness issues. It is also useful for Advice Session Supervisors and gives a good basic introduction for new housing caseworkers.
To provide an overview of the client’s short term options to the home when their relationship breaks down.
At the end of the course we hope you will be able to:
• Identify the information required when giving housing advice in relationship breakdown situations.
• Explain the existing housing rights of cohabiting and married partners.
• Identify clients who could pursue additional family law rights and refer on as appropriate.
• Understand the key definition of domestic violence.
• Explain the main features of an occupation order and a non-molestation order, identify who can apply for these and how.
• Explain the domestic violence immigration rule.
• Give an overview of possible long term options to remain in the relationship home.
• Identify and explore housing options with clients facing relationship breakdown and those experiencing domestic violence.