Benefits Overview for non-advisers
17th June 2022
by Ray Savage in
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 21st July 2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Who is this course for?
This e-training is designed to help Surrey staff and volunteers to have a better understanding of when and how to make a good referral for benefits advice. This is not a course about the details of the benefit system.
The aim of the course is for delegates to understand the basics of the benefit system, to know what to do if their client or service user requires a benefit check or believes a benefit award or decision is incorrect, and to help prepare the client for an interview with an advice service.
By the end of the course delegates will have a better understanding of the benefit system and will:
- Have gained knowledge about how the benefits system is organised and who administers what benefits
- Have the knowledge about when and how to signpost or refer their client or service user for further specialised help
- Be able to make active referrals by preparing clients for full benefits advice and help improve the take-up of benefits across Surrey
- The scope for requesting extensions for notifying changes
- Understand the strict time limits for any possible challenge
A complete set of slides will be provided at the end of the course.