Benefits for Carers
30th August 2019
by Ray Savage in
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- 2nd December 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Who is this course for?
If you work with Carers and provide advice on entitlements then this course is for you. Delegates must have a basic understanding of the benefits system.
The course will bring together all the elements of the welfare system that are relevant for Carers. The course will equip delegates with legal, practical and pitfall information in order for them to holistically advise Carers of their full entitlement.
At the end of the course delegates will have a good understanding of:
- Rules of entitlement for Carers Allowance
- Means-tested benefits including Universal Credit
- Carers who do paid work
- Carers right to a State Retirement Pension
- Other entitlements eg: Council Tax Support and reductions
- Future changes relevant to Carers