- Welfare Rights Newsletter
28 Jan 2022
This course is for generalist advisers who have a basic understanding of housing status. It aims to enable advisers to give advice on the possession process and assist clients to take appropriate action to prevent eviction.
It aims to enable advisers to give advice on the possession process and assist clients to take appropriate action to prevent eviction.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
• Advise on how housing status determines the type of possession action
• Identify the stage of the possession process a client is at
• Check the validity of notices
• Identify relevant paperwork and complete common court forms
• Negotiate with landlords
• Identify when to make an appropriate referral
• Explain to clients about court procedure and decisions a court can make
Please note this course does not cover mortgage repossession.
Venue Phone: 01737 248258Address:
Reigate Baptist Church is one mile south of Reigate town centre and adjoins Woodhatch Community Centre. There is plenty of on-site car parking, including disabled spaces, but should it be necessary there is ample parking in neighbouring roads, but we would ask you please not to park in Sycamore Walk.